Fly to Gulbene by train!
Fly to Gulbene by train
and discover the beautiful city!
|July 29||Compatriot Days||
Riga (8:08) - Gulbene (11:33)
Gulbene (18:26) - Riga (21:54)
|September 2||Narrow Gauge Railway Festival|
|September 16||Autumn Festival|
- On July 29 - Gulbene city will host traditional Compatriot Days during which Gulbene Region and City Festival is celebrated. During the Festival people are invited to visit: Great Good Things Market; Song Concert "With swan’s wings" (Ar gulbja spārniem); exhibitions of compatriots’ works; movie performances about Gulbene region a.o. events. At 14:00 in the Gulbene Culture Centre there will be arranged buses that will take visitors to the picturesque Stāmeriena parish, where also a broad program of events is planned. At 17:30 buses will take everyone back to Gulbene Station, where they will be waited by train Gulbene (18:26) - Riga (21:54).
- On September 2 - the Narrow Gauge Railway Festival "Meeting at Gulbene Station Platform" will take place. During the Festival participants of the event are invited to take part in guided tours along narrow gauge railway (Banitis) depot, it will be possible to drive with manual railcar, as well as trips with electric train and Banitis-express along Gulbene city will be offered. During the Festival there will perform brothers Auzāni and the famous Jersica Orchestra. At 13:00 Banitis will go in the trip Gulbene-Aluksne (tickets for the trip with Banitis should be purchased timely as the number of seats is limited. Celibrations of Railway Gauge Festival will continue at Stāmeriena Station.
- On September 16 - Gulbene will celebrate Autumn Festival. Visitors will be invited to attend crafts market "We produce ourselves" (Ražojam paši), as well as to participate in guided tours along tourism objects of Gulbene region: bread baking and tasting; cheese tasting; home-made wine tasting; visit at Latvian precious stone and semi-precious stone workshop; visit at family house of artist J. Brekte, etc.
In Gulbene everyone is invited to enjoy:
- Trip along narrow gauge railway Banitis;
- Trip along Gulbene by small electric train;
- Sailing on lake near Stāmeriena castle;
- as well as to visit semi-precious stone workshop.
More details on recreation opportunities and ticket prices in Gulbene city available here.
Purchase of tickets for trip with Banitis available here.
Train schedule Riga (8:08) - Gulbene (11:33) and Gulbene (18:26) - Riga (21:54) and purchase of tickets will be available from July 20.