In what cases you must buy a baggage ticket?
- If you want to carry a baggage the size (length, width and height) whereof exceeds 40 x 60 x 20 cm, but the sum of dimensions (length, width and height) doesn’t exceed 200 cm, the height doesn’t exceed 35 kg, and it doesn’t disturb other passengers.
- If you are a passenger who is entitled to discounts of passenger fares, you must pay for the transportation of baggage that exceeds the baggage standard to be carried for free and also for transportation of baggage and pets according to the rates approved by the carrier.
- If you want to carry a bike in the train, you must purchase a baggage ticket. You must take into account that bikes are carried in the wagon with special bike holders, and the number of bike holders must be equal with the number of bikes to be carried. If the passenger train is not fitted with bike holders, the maximum number of bikes in a wagon cannot exceed 5.
In what cases you don’t have to purchase a baggage ticket?
- A passenger is entitled to carry for free a baggage that is easy to carry and the type and package whereof allows to place it in the designated place without difficulties and the size whereof (length, width and height) doesn’t exceed 60 x 40 x 20 cm, but the height 20 kg.
- In the passenger train it is allowed to carry for free crutches, prams, rolling chairs of disabled persons, and baggage where one of the baggage dimensions (length, width and height) 60 x 40 x 20 cm exceeds the prescribed dimension (e.g., folding fishing-rod, skis and sledges).
- A dog that provides the service of an attendant or assistant is carried free of charge.
Fine of JSC “Pasazieru vilciens” for not paid transportation of oversize baggage or pets is EUR 5.00.